Residential and Commercial Garage Doors
We save you money by selling pre-made and customized doors direct from the factory and doing full installations ourselves.
How To Measure Your Garage Door
- Step1 – Measure the width of the door opening: Our doors can accommodate widths ranging from 6′ up to 18′
- Step2 – Measure the height of the door opening: Our doors can accommodate heights ranging from 74″ up to 16′
- Step3 – Measure Side Room: Minimum requirement is 3″
- Step4 – Measure Headroom: Minimum is 6″, Ideal 16″ however less than 12″ requires special hardware. If headroom is more than 3′ it may be possible to install a high lift system
- Step5 – Measure Backroom: Minimum requirement is the height of the door + 3′ for opener
Quick Guide to Comparing Garage Doors
- Insulation – the type and the density of the insulation will identify the efficiency of the insulation and the toughness of the door – What you need to do is: Push finger into the insulation and compare to GM Garage Doors Sample – harder resistance is the better door/insulation
- Thickness of the panel – there is value in thickness of a garage door, but if there is no quality/density insulation, not “solid sandwich” as it should then there is no value to the thickness of the door
Groove connect between panels – Dip U shape groove is related to finger resistance door which it’s not only very important safety feature, it also makes the door stronger (impact resistance) and more insulated since the air doesn’t go between the panels
- Hardware and Installation– When you look/touch garage door hinges and rollers It’s easy to identify the quality of hardware
- Don’t forget to ask for the life cycle of the springs
- What is included in the supply/installation
- Weather seal around the frame?
- Remove existing door/opener?
- Disposal existing door/opener?
- Connecting existing opener (when not supply/install opener)?
- Warranty – It’s including parts and labor? There is an option to extend the warranty?
- Deposit and Payment – Do you need to pay deposit when you order the door?
- When you pay the balance?
- What will happen to your deposit if you don’t get what promised
- When the installation date – How guaranty such date?
- What will be the total Prices include all the fees (i.e. transportation, miscellaneous, etc.) and taxes (GST, PST)
Remember don’t be impressed by sophisticate brochures, description, pictures or talent salesman. To compare and evaluate garage doors of different suppliers you need to see a sample of the actual doors.
GM Garage Doors is a LiftMaster Authorized Dealer In Vancouver, BC