Terms and Conditions
For Garage Door Services
Ordering and Cancelation Policy
1. A customer that accepts a GMGD quotation (via email, text message or signing an order) for the supply and installation of a new garage door or other services is obligated to pay GMGD the amount quoted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. A customer may cancel an order without penalty if the cancellation is received by GMGD (i) within the first 3 days after customer’s acceptance of GMGD’s quotation, or (ii) before was any products ordered are delivered to the customer’s site, whichever is earlier.
3. Fees for cancellation of an order:
A. If a customer cancels an order for any reason whatsoever at any time after the first 3 days following the order having been accepted or on or after the delivery of product to customer’s site (whichever comes first), the customer is required to pay at least 50% of the total order amount.
B. GMGD reserves the right to charge more than 50% of the total amount upon cancellation of an order taking into account the following non-exhaustive list of factors:
(1) The stage of the installation.
(2) If the order involves a standard garage door or custom door.
(3) The reason for the cancellation.
New Installation Policy
1. Customer is responsible for clearing out all of his/her belongings from the garage before the installation date and time as GMGD’s personnel may reasonably request.
2. GMGD is committed to ensure the proper and safe operation of its supplied and installed new garage doors and will try its best to satisfy customers unhappy with products and/or services received. However, as between GMGD and customer, GMGD determines the standard for evaluating the proper and safe operation of its products and services.
3. The customer is required to attend and inspect a new garage door/opener installation upon completion of the job by GMGD. If the customer (or its representative) fails to attend and inspect as noted above when GMGD finishes the job, then GMGD hereby disclaims any responsibility for any cosmetic or other damages to the installed garage door(s). GMGD will not be responsible for any cosmetic or other damages on a new installed garage door after the final job inspection is completed by GMGD and customer.
Damages to Customer’s Belongings
1. GMGD is not responsible for any customer belongings that are lost or go missing from the garage during installation/repairs completed by GMGD.
2. GMGD is not responsible for any customer belongings that are left in the garage and sustain damage during the installation.
3. GMGD is not responsible for small scratches, holes, oil stains etc. to walls and/or floors that can/may happen during the repair or installation of a new garage door.
Cosmetic Damages to GMGD’s product
1. So long as the damage is reported in accordance with these terms and conditions, GMGD will replace a door’s panel(s) that have scratches/dents on the front face of the door panel(s) which may happen before or during installation. However, if chosen by the customer, the customer will receive a discount of up to 10% of the total order amount in lieu of replacing any door panels.
2. GMGD may, at its sole discretion, choose to replace a door panel that has small scratches or small dents on the back of a door/panel but is not obligated to do so.
1. Payment is due within 7 days of receipt of invoice. Overdue unpaid amounts will accrue 2% interest per month.
2. GMGD reserves the right to require a non-refundable deposit prior to placing customer’s order or to require a payment (partial or full) of an order any time before the job is completed. GMGD has the right to stop an installation at any stage if the customer refuses to pay as required.
3. GMGD products (Doors, Openers, Springs etc.) belong to GMGD until the invoice amount for the order is paid in full, including labor and other fees associated with the products and/or services. GMGD has the right to remove all of the supplied and or installed products which the customer has not paid for in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any damages or costs that result from such removal will be customer’s responsibility.
Warranty and Insurance Policy
1. All new garage doors and new garage openers come with a 1-year warranty for parts and labor.
2. GMGD carries up to $5,000,000.00 of insurance for accidents or damages caused by GMGD, however, in the event of a valid and successful claim by the customer, the customer will be liable for GMGD’s insurance deductible (currently $1,000.00).
3. GMGD is committed to fix any warranty claims within 3 business days of the garage door/opener’s reported malfunction. However, if customer requests warranty services for an issue for which GMGD determines it is not responsible for then GMGD has the right to charge the customer for the service/repair job at its standard hourly rate (minimum of $80.00 per visit). For example: where a garage door is not closing because the sensors were moved (probably accidently) from their original, installed location.
Contact us at:
GM Garage Doors Inc.
1033 West 51th Avenue
Vancouver BC V6P-1C2
604 505 3737